In 2013, the School of Medicine, in partnership with TUMSS, developed a new policy & process to handle requests for funding medical students attending national & international conferences. The overall pool of funds available has been raised to $5000 per year and there will be two rounds. These deadlines for application are April 1 & August 1.
The School of Medicine will fund & administer the scholarship but the guidelines & selection process will be in collaboration with TUMSS. There will be one single application process.
Students are encouraged to apply for these scholarships if they are attending conferences in the following 3 categories:
- Delivering an academic presentation (e.g. oral or poster presentation)
- Global health related
- Academic career development (e.g. an academic conference with an aim to develop your potential career or particular skill in leadership, activism, advocacy, and strategic planning)
Ranking of application is based on:
- Relevance of conference to academic or professional development
- Academic excellence
- Speaker invitations & paper presentations will be ranked more highly than poster presentation
- Applicability & benefit to the School of Medicine & to your peers
Please read the policy and application form below for all details.