Terms and Conditions
Code of Conduct
Participants are to be aware that their behaviour reflects on TUMSS, the University of Tasmania, the Tasmanian School of Medicine, and medical students in general. Participants must at all times act in an appropriate manner, which includes:
- Giving consideration to other guests at the event;
- Behaving in a way that is not discriminative to others, whether sexually, racially, culturally or otherwise;
- Not smoking at the event, as this is prohibited;
- Accepting that alcohol will be served in accordance with the TUMSS Responsible Drinking Policy;
- Accepting that there will be no tolerance with regards to the use of illegal substances at any time during the event and that the appropriate authorities will be notified if such behaviour occurs;
- Obeying all Federal, State and local laws whilst attending the event;
- Taking responsibility for their own safety and wellbeing. Participants are in no way obliged to participate in any event that they do not feel able to safely participate in. Participants should seek the assistance of an event supervisor if required.
Failure to comply with the Code of Conduct may result in expulsion of the participant from the remainder of the event at his or her own expense.